The Le Mans Brand
- Automobile Club de I’Ouest (ACO) is one of the oldest cars clubs in the world, founded in 1906.
- The ACO’s ‘Crown Jewel’ is the Le Mans 24 Heures race, one of the world’s most watched sporting events combining high speeds, tight racing and endurance.
- Le Mans 24 Heures is the world’s oldest sports car endurance race, and has been held annually since 1923 near the town of Le Mans, France.
- Le Mans Series’ have been introduced and competed in Europe, USA, and now Asia in recent years to great success.
- The core of the brand is the ‘Spirit of Le Mans’ and the ethos of exciting, fair and safe endurance racing.
- Le Mans racing is committed to be at the forefront of technological and innovative motor racing in order to help build better cars for the future.
The Le Mans Endurance Racing Pyramid
The Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) founded in 1906 is the creator and organiser of major motor sporting events including the first grand prix in the history of motor racing in 1906 followed by the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1923. The ACO’s aim is to develop long-distance racing and since 2012 it has been the organiser and promoter of the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC). The club is also the creator of the continental series: the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, former American Le Mans Series (1999), the European Le Mans Series (2004), and the Asian Le Mans Series (2013). On its own circuits at Le Mans, the ACO organises the 24 Heures Motos, the 24 Heures Karting, the 24 Heures Camions and the French Motorcycle Grand Prix. But above all the ACO is a club made up of enthusiasts who defend the rights of car users on a daily basis, and it gives its members a privileged welcome to enable them to live their passion for motor sport at the events it organises.
The ACO also has a driving school, Le Mans Driver, a leisure and kart competition complex and simulators, an Enterprise department for the organisation of seminars, a team of guides providing tours of the installations of the Le Mans circuits, two official boutiques in Le Mans and Paris as well as eight regional agencies.