The championship is reserved for LMP3, CN and GT Cup cars (For the latter the ACO reserves the right to adjust their performances). The Asian LMSC committee reserves the right to accept other cars. Entirely held (over three 2 race events) in Sepang (Malaysia), the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup will provide teams and drivers the opportunity to compete on one of the most beautiful circuits in Asia at a reasonable cost.
The Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup is not only the basis of our racing pyramid in Asia, but also a perfect stepping stone in prototype racing and the ACO environment.
All rounds will be held in Sepang, Malaysia.
- Round 1: 27/29 May 2016
- Round 2: 5/7 August 2016
- Round 3: 2/4 September 2016
- LMP3 complying with their homologation form and the ACO regulations
- CN (carbone monocoque only) complying with the ACO Appendix
- GT Cup (such as Porsche Carrera Cup, Audi R8LMS, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Ferrari Challenge, McLaren 650 Sprint, Lotus Cup…) complying with their respective technical regulations.
Each driver must be 16 years old minimum and have a valid International Licence Grade C minimum or higher.
A Bronze or a Silver driver can drive alone.
A maximum of two drivers per car will be authorized in the driver line-up.
One Bronze driver will be mandatory. The second driver can be classified either Bronze or Silver. Platinum and Gold drivers are not allowed.
The drivers’ categorization list used will be that of the FIA.
Two 45’ free practice sessions
Two 15’ qualifying sessions (15’+ 5’ break + 15’)
In case of two drivers per car, each driver must take part in one of the qualifying sessions and must take the start of the race for which he qualified the car.
Two 60’ races with a mandatory pit stop (120’’ from the pit entry loop to the pit exit loop) between the25th and the 35th minute.
- 1st Race – Rolling start in 2×2 formation
- 2nd Race – Rolling start in 2×2 formation
Paid Practice sessions might be organized before each event.
Subject to modifications, the events will take place as follows :
- Thursday : Set up, administrative checks and scrutineering
- Friday : Brifeing and free practice sessions
- Saturday : Qualifyng sessions and Race 1
- Sunday : Race 2
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL AUTORISE DURING PIT STOPS
- 1 team manager who stops and release the car and cannot touch the car.
- 2 persons dedicated to the tyre change. One wheel gun only is authorized.
- 1 person to help the driver
- 1 person to clean the windshield and head-lights.
Michelin will be the official and exclusive tyre supplier.
For the first round :
4 sets of new slick tyres per car. No limitation for wet tyres.
Before the first event, a minimum of one set of wet tyres must be bought (with no refund) by each team per car entered.
From the second round:
3 sets of new slick tyres per car. No limitation for wet tyres.
The tyres from a previous round can be used for the official free practice of the next round
The 3 set allocation for Round 2 and Round 3 then starts from the Qualiying sessions and covers Race 1 and Race 2.
The number of sets of tyres will not be limited during the paid practice sessions before the event.
Entries can be made for the Full Season or on a Round by Round basis.
Full season entries open on February 15th 2016 and will close on May 8th 2016.
- LMP3: The entry fee is USD11,900 per car until March 31st 2016 and USD13,000US$ from April 1st until May 8th 2016. From the 3rd car per team onwards the entry fee is USD10,000 per car (for the 3rd and beyond).
- CN et GTCup: The entry fee is USD10,900 per car until March 31st 2016 and USD12,000 from April 1st until May 8th 2016. From the 3rd car per team onwards the entry fee is USD9,500 per car par voiture (for the 3rd and beyond).
Round by Round
Entries will open on February 15th 2016 and close 8 days prior to each event.
LMP3, CN and GTCup: The entry fee is USD4,500 per car.
From the 3rd car per team onwards the entry fee is USD3,750US$ per car (for the 3rd and beyond).
After each qualifying session 1 point will be awarded to the car that would have set up the pole position in each class.
After each race, the points will be awarded to the drivers and teams classified in each class, as follows:
- LMP3 teams and drivers
- CN teams and drivers
- GT Cup teams and drivers
SPECIFIC AGREEMENT between Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup and the Asian Le Mans Series
The winner of each class of the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup 2016 will benefit from a free entry in the 2016/2017 Asian Le Mans Series in their respective class.
Should a competitor be entered in both the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup and the Asian Le Mans Series, he will benefit from a 15% discount on the entry fee for each of the championship.
A competitor entering both championship will be allowed to keep the same race number.
General, sporting and technical organization, timekeeping, TV production, competitor relations will be managed by the same organization which is already in charge with the Asian Le Mans Series.